SC - Guinea Pig-questionably period

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Nov 1 07:15:56 PST 2000

Philippa Alderton wrote:

> Adamantius skrev:
>
> >For noodles, the best book I've seen, bar none, is _Florence Lin's
> >Complete Book of Chinese Noodles, Dumplings, and Breads_, pub. William
> >Morrow, 1986, ISBN 0-688-03796-8
>
> >Ms. Lin is a cookery teacher at the China Institute in New York, and is
> >the author of the Time-Life International Cookbook series volume on
> >Chinese cookery. However, Ms. Lin is not herself from the South of
> >China, so perhaps there are better authorities on the cuisine[s]
> >overall, but I repeat that as far as I know, you can't do better for
> >noodle-based dishes.
>
> Let me back him up on this one! He sent me a copy when we got into a
> discussion about Chinese pickles, and I've since used several recipes uot of
> it with great success ;-) Wonderful book, very informative ;-)

I should mention that one of the things that struck me about it when I
first got it is that the illustrations are very good pencil drawings,
close-up views of an unknown cook's hands as this person stretches
noodles, folds dumplings, etc. Even if the person does appear to be
wearing a muu-muu... maybe Zippy the Pinhead is an excellent Chinese cook.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com