SC - Royalty, titles, etc.....

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Fri Nov 3 03:25:35 PST 2000

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Maeve mentioned some of the books in the bibliography in the back of
> the Wiccan cookbook. Included was:
> Daily living in the 12th Cen (Holms)
>
> Anyone know if this book is any good? I've got a 12th century Anglo-
> Norman persona and some more info on daily life in that time period
> could be useful.

U.T. Holmes, _Daily Living in the 12th Century_- yes, that is a very
good book. I don't have the full citation because it is- all together
now- In The Basement. It is the report of Alexander Neckham, mostly of
his time in London, and of course backgrounds and explanatory work by
Holmes. (I don't know of a straight text version of Neckham- I'm curious
to see waht Holmes was working from.)

It is a very good book. I started out in the 12thc. century, and it was
a real help to me. If I think about it, I'll send you citations for some
other 12th. century sources.

'Lainie