SC - Peach pits & perogie presses

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 6 07:40:23 PST 2000

>We just returned from the event and got to taste some of the peach pits.
>They
>were lovely.  We spoke with a number of people who had the opportunity to
>try
>them and were very impressed.  Also, Olwen created some nifty apples out of
>hardboiled eggs...they were quite lovely and would be a dandy idea for a
>soteltie.
>
>Recipe, Olwen?  or how did you do the egg apples????
>
>Kiri

Thank you Kiri for your kind words.

The eggs are very easy to make and hard to make people eat.  Here's how to
make them;  Hard boil some eggs.  While still hot peel them and pinch them
between thumb and finger to make dimples in them.  With your fingers run
some yellow food coloring over the eggs in a mottled coloration.  When this
is done, do the same with red food coloring.  In the top dimple insert the
stem of a rose or other non-poisonus leaf and a whole clove with the little
ball on it.  On the bottom instert a clove without the little ball on it.
Place in a basket or such on a bed of curly kale.

Expect folks not to believe you when you say it is an egg.  Also expect
folks to wrap them in a napkin and take them away to show other folks.  Good
thing eggs are cheap, these seldom get eaten.

If anyone tries these, let me know how yours turn out.
Have fun.
Olwen