SC - Gunthar's travelling again

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Mon Nov 6 08:35:15 PST 2000

Olwen said:
> Expect folks not to believe you when you say it is an egg.  Also expect
> folks to wrap them in a napkin and take them away to show other folks.  Good
> thing eggs are cheap, these seldom get eaten.

Those sound lovely!  I will have to try them sometime.

There are so many interesting things you can do with hard-boiled eggs.  One
that I found in a garnish book is hatching "chicks".  Carefully cut away the
white from the top third of the hard-boiled egg.  Cut the edges in a jagged
pattern, so that it looks like a broken shell.  On the exposed part of the
yolk, insert two peppercorns and a tiny wedge of carrot to make eyes and a
beak.  I've used one or two of these to decorate a plateful of plain eggs.

Brighid

This message was sent through IDT.
http://www.idt.net/