SC - Arabian dishes

ana l. valdés agora at algonet.se
Mon Nov 6 13:27:20 PST 2000

> I should have said MOST of Europe and the Middle East. Certainly there were,
> as you have pointed out, isolated areas where it was used relatively early on
> as human food by a lot of people. However, given the size of Europe, I would
> still categorize the statement I made as accurate when the continent is
> viewed as a whole. Either way I know of no period recipes using this grain
> and if it was used in the areas you mention by the upper classes or nobility
> on a regular basis and recipes are available I would love to see them. Thanks
> in advance.

Well, will I be let off the hook if I say that I believe the times when it
was widespread in Southern Europe were post-period?
I'm already four or five requests for look ups behind... yes, I will find
the apron pictures asap, as soon as I get my kitchen unearthed...
- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker