Clarification - Re: SC - SC: Wedding Feast by Lady Phillipa Seton

Elysant1@aol.com Elysant1 at aol.com
Mon Nov 6 16:28:38 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 6 Nov 00, , that ana l. valdés wrote:

> Here is the URL of a course imparted by the University of Gijón, the teacher was
> a Maroocan,  Mohamed Mounir. I am afraid all dishes are in Spanish, maybe can
> lady Brighid och others check out the "correctness" of the site, before I dare
> do same rough translation?

Ana,

I am in no way an expert in period Islamic cuisine, but I believe that
the dishes on this website are traditional, rather than medieval.
Several of them contain New World ingredients, such as tomato,
capsicum pepper, vanilla, and potato.  Some of them have no
obvious modern ingredients and *might* be period, such as the
tagine with prunes, lamb with eggplant, or the chicken with olives,
but I don't know enough to be sure.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann