SC - (OT) Recipes and Pictures webbed

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Tue Nov 7 12:40:59 PST 2000

>Olwen, I just read your message on egg apples.  When you say to pinch the
>warm eggs to make dimples, I assume that you mean on the narrow end and at
>the wider end of the egg to reproduce the dimples found on an apple at the
>stem and flower ends.  Yes or No?
>Kirsten
><< winmail.dat >>

Yes.  Stand the egg up in your fingers like it sits in the box, tall-wise.
You have to make sure you don't rip it up with long fingernails though.  If
the egg is really hot, pinch it quick and while still holding it, run it
under cool water.

When I dye them, I make sure they are dry.  I simply tip the liquid food
color bottle up with my fingers over the hole and then smear it over the
egg.  That gives enough variation in the coloration to give it the textured
effect.  First I do them in yellow then begin again with the red.  It's best
to do them just before you need them.  You can do them the night before, but
the color blends alot and they loose the texturation effect.
Olwen