SC - a work in progress...

TG gloning at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE
Tue Nov 7 14:39:26 PST 2000

> Also try the words tisane and ptisan, which cover all kinds of infusions
> including sweetened barley water.

OED says ptisan specifically refers to barley water and tisane is a
postperiod usage[... however tisane is a term used by people trying to
sound old-tymey, so it's another way to search.] It's also a french usage,
says the OED.

Bit embarrassing for us, as we named our herb guild newsletter _Tisane_.
- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker