SC - Trenchers Oh my!

Hank steinfeld at tqci.net
Thu Nov 9 15:59:37 PST 2000

> > OED says ptisan specifically refers to barley water and tisane is a
> > postperiod usage[... however tisane is a term used by people trying to
> > sound old-tymey, so it's another way to search.] It's also a french usage,
> > says the OED.
> What does OED mean?

Oxford English Dictionary, the most detailed and complete dictionary out
there of the English language. It may or may not be the most accurate or
up-to-date, but if you ask a librarian, an English professor, a herald, or
an etmologist, they consider the OED the most complete source for English
language history.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker