non-member submission - Re: SC - OED?

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Nov 9 16:10:46 PST 2000

- ------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C04A7F.34DD6340

Unto the list does Muirghen send greetings.

Well I trial cooked the Wroclaw trencher recipe from the Florigium and I =
must tell you it is awful!  I am sure that it faithfully replicates the =
intent of the trencher and if people were expected to actually eat these =
things I really do feel their pain!  I made mine with spelt and rye =
flour.  The result was heavy and had a bitter after taste.  If you =
intend to try this one, I would suggest a trial with a reduced amount.  =
I foolishly did the full amount and have regretted it. =20

Knowing that there are some that will think I am criticizing the =
Florigium, let me say that is NOT the case.  I am just letting you know =
that this recipe does not produce a palatable result to my modern =
western taste.  For the first time feast head cook, I pass my lesson on =
to you.  In all my other dishes, I used reduced quantities until I had =
the desired effect.  I got cocky with bread having been baking for =
several days now and wanted to be done with that part of the =
pre-cooking.  Avoid being tempted to go to the dark side!

As an educational element, I think I will have them on a side table for =
anyone wanting to try them, but will not serve them in the feast.  By =
the way, anyone intending to come down for this one, you need to know =
that the feast has moved to a private residence and the site published =
has been cancelled.  If you wish more info, contact me privately.

I am now baking still more bread from a trialed recipe.

Yours form the kitchen
Muirghen

- ------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C04A7F.34DD6340

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Unto the list does Muirghen send =
greetings.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Well I trial cooked the Wroclaw trencher recipe from =
the=20
Florigium and I must tell you it is awful!  I am sure that it =
faithfully=20
replicates the intent of the trencher and if people were expected to =
actually=20
eat these things I really do feel their pain!  I made mine with =
spelt and=20
rye flour.  The result was heavy and had a bitter after =
taste.  If you=20
intend to try this one, I would suggest a trial with a reduced =
amount.  I=20
foolishly did the full amount and have regretted it.  </FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Knowing that there are some that will think I am =
criticizing=20
the Florigium, let me say that is NOT the case.  I am just letting =
you know=20
that this recipe does not produce a palatable result to my modern =
western=20
taste.  For the first time feast head cook, I pass my lesson on to=20
you.  In all my other dishes, I used reduced quantities until I had =
the=20
desired effect.  I got cocky with bread having been baking for =
several days=20
now and wanted to be done with that part of the pre-cooking.  Avoid =
being=20
tempted to go to the dark side!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>As an educational element, I think I will have them =
on a side=20
table for anyone wanting to try them, but will not serve them in the=20
feast.  By the way, anyone intending to come down for this one, you =
need to=20
know that the feast has moved to a private residence and the site =
published has=20
been cancelled.  If you wish more info, contact me =
privately.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am now baking still more bread from a trialed=20
recipe.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Yours form the kitchen</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Muirghen</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C04A7F.34DD6340--