SC - RE Isinglass

Trierarch@aol.com Trierarch at aol.com
Fri Nov 10 04:07:46 PST 2000

>Oxford English Dictionary... one of the most complete
>tomes ever devoted to the English language.  A very
>good source for information other than simple word
>definitions.
>
>Balthazar of Blackmoor

A few years back I got an offer from 'The English Book Club' for a micro edition of OED.  IIRC it was two books, the size escapes me but the package came with it's own magnifying glass.  The price was about £250 I think.

I'm not a member of the book club any more so I don't have a phone # or URL.  I've been looking for a copy of it over the last year but haven't been able to find it.

Is there anyone on the list who knows where I might find something similar ?

I know the CD-ROM version (Win) is available from Barnes&Noble for $236 but that's a bit hard to bring when travelling.
They also have the 20 book set for $950, retail price $3k but that's still way over budget for me.
/Angus.

==
If you look at the sun without shielding youreyes you'll go blind.  If you look at the moon without shielding your eyes you'll become a poet.