SC - Trenchers Oh my!

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Fri Nov 10 09:22:40 PST 2000

> That was it!  I did use a dark beer vice a starter.  Well that would explain
> some of what happened.  The bread never really impressed me as rising very
> much and I assumed that it was a result of so much flour and the heavy
> flours at that.  I wonder if the result would be better with a blend of
> white flour.

If I get a chance I will post the starter recipe, but I think you could
simply substitute a good, well-activated ale barm from a lighter ale-- get
your ale barm from a local brewer, then double it as the books say for
sourdough starter (but don't use milk) -- for the thick beer.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker