SC - It's Cold - Let's Build a Fire

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 10 19:20:30 PST 2000

Recently I got a notice from Boydell and Brewer, the academic publishers
that they were taking over reprinting all the Medieval Finds from
Excavations in London formerly published by Her Majesty's Stationary Office.

The first of their planned print runs is the book on Knives and Scabbards,
and I thought that some on this list might be interested.

I contacted a local SCA bookseller who I know needs the business due to
health problems, about ordering two for Christmas presents, and here is
their reply:

"The standard list price is $60 for the two. With a 20% discount that would
be (hum, click click whirrrrr) $48 plus $6 for shipping. I can have them
shipped directly to you upon receipt of payment, or I can have them come
here. The problem with the latter of course is that I would have to charge
additional shipping to have them then come to you. Oh, the complications,
the complications.

They have just become available in the UK and should be here in the states
in about two weeks. So if you send me a check to the address below for $54,
along with an address, I will have them shipped directly to you.

With great regard,

Emma

Lord John Kane; AoA, OBB
Emma inn draumspaka; WOAW
mka  Rex & Shoshana Jemison      17019 19th Ave. E., Spanaway, WA 98387
253-538-6655                                  mailto:bree at auldbooks.com

    The joy is in the learning; teaching is the best kind of learning."

If anyone wishes the book and doesn't have a favorite bookseller to order
from, you would be well served to give these people the chance to serve you.

Regina Romsey