SC - manual ? #4, #5

Serian serian at uswest.net
Sat Nov 11 17:39:34 PST 2000

harper at idt.net wrote:

> > And put in each little container a drop of "ros de bota"
> > which all I got had to do with helmets and boots and didn't
> > make sense.  Any guesses?
>
> "Bota" can also mean a wineskin.  Possibly some kind of rose
> essence oil?  If it makes you feel any better, I have the print version
> of the Manual, and the editor's footnote says that she doesn't know
> what it is, either.
Well, that's somewhat comforting, but it says "ros" not
"rosa".  I wondered if it had something to do with rose
hips?  Does your print copy say "ros" not "rosa"?  Rose
something makes sense, certainly, but the manual doesn't say
oil or water or whatever.

> > #5 Soap for the hands
> > 1 oz pumpkin seeds, 1 oz melon (couldn't find "mondada" -
> > probably a botanical term)
>
> It means "peeled".
Thanks.
Now I'm checking into what sort of melons existed then.