SC - OED? -OT

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Nov 13 08:01:33 PST 2000

>Cadoc replied to me:
> > > Yes, please do. It's an interesting idea. Sugar plate should have been
> > > obvious to me, but I can also imagine doing it with a bread dough or
> > > marzipan perhaps. I'm also interested in how the coloring was done. My
> > > sugarpaste mix is a bright white in color. Just sprinkling that with
> > > cinnamon powder, of whatever type, is not going to look like a
>cinnamon
> > > stick.

Hi all.  On the cinnamon sticks, let me tell you this.  I failed, so far to
get her exact recipe and method.  I can tell you though that she does not
darken her white sugar plate but rather coats it on both sides with cinnamon
and scrapes it into the roll form.

I'll call her for more exact details.

BTW, M'Lady Rowan from the list was in attendence on Saturday last for the
Bright Hills Cook's Guild meeting.  It was a treat to meet her and we hope
she was made very welcome.  I think she'll be back!  If I'm not mistaken,
she ordered an apron.

Olwen