SC - Trenchers Oh my!

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 13 20:34:20 PST 2000

- --part1_2b.d1b09de.27420f53_boundary

In a message dated 11/13/00 9:53:21 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:

> The second is because my lady also attended that event and gave a
> very similar account. I think she's still trying to get warm. It seems
> that everyone was cold, soaked and ready to go home.
>
> Trust me, some day you'll be able to look back on that event and
> still think it sucked. Congrats on your damn fine attitude though.

I heard today that the king suffered a bout of hyperthermia, but is doing
fine. Personally, I think that is taking "joining in with the common masses"
a bit far, but I felt better for all our troubles. Everyone is much better
today. We got the report from the hospital. When they arrived, after 2 hours
of oxygen, they had levels of 22% to 16% (for the kids). So, considering that
CM poisioning drops by half each hour, the doc figures they were in the area
of 60-75% poisioned; and 78% is considered fatal in most cases. **shudder**.
Can't believe how close a call it was.

And mostly, I'm very proud of my retired EMT hubby who took control at the
firestation and broke into the rescue bags for oxygen. The EMT/Paramedic team
was out on a hunting/shooting run with the rig, and the only people at the
firestation were the volunteer department setting up for a luncheon. So, he
barked orders and got it handled for the two hours before the ambulance crew
got back. I've never seen him in that kind of action before. I guess you
never lose your training. I'm so proud of him.

Lars :) blissfully teary that things have gone so well under such bad times.
And I need another drink....

- --part1_2b.d1b09de.27420f53_boundary