SC - manual ? #4, #5

Serian serian at uswest.net
Mon Nov 13 23:45:25 PST 2000

Serian said:
> "Gaylin J. Walli" wrote:
> > It just occurred to me to ask this for some reason. Is anyone posting the
> > Manual somewhere online?
>
> I don't know.  Some of us are working on different chunks of
> it (doggedly, on my part - shoot me next time I offer to
> translate something that obscure please :) )  I for one am
> happy to share what I've done as long as nobody claims my
> work as their own.  I will no making note of those who have
> helped me too.

Well, I've mentioned before that I would love to host such a
translation/interpretation in the Florilegium.

I have been saving most of the messages posted here on this, but
since a number of them generated corrrections and comments, I'd
prefer to have a single reworked translation without the reader
having to dig through all these various sections and corrections
as a bunch of miscellaneous messages.

> I don't yet know how to web stuff.  That's another thing on
> my list of things to learn.  The list grows and grows and

Yes, but I have gradually been learning this kind of stuff in
connection with the Florilegium work that I've already done and
there is no reason that a complicated, fancy version needs to
be posted on the web. I have intentionally tried to keep the
formatting in the Florilegium simple to allow easy(er) translation
between different formats (Word, HTML, text and probably others
in the future). I guess I prefer to put the time that I personally
would spend on elaborate formating in getting the information
easily available.

My standard policy is to accept updates on anything submitted
to the Florilegium, so that would allow later corrections as
new things are learned. If different people have done different
sections of the manual, I would also be willing to coordinate
putting the different sections into one collection and crediting
each author appropriately. My preferance would be to have one
person in charge of each section, at least as the final arbitrator
for that section, and let them submit to me what they think is
the best interpretation for that section.
- --
THL  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net