SC - Russian food/spices 15th/16th century

TG gloning at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE
Tue Nov 14 18:57:24 PST 2000

- --part1_49.3804788.27435119_boundary

In a message dated 11/14/00 1:20:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
margali at 99main.com writes:

> Ras, Just because somebody believes in 'spiritual healing' or theosophy
> or even fairy dragons does not make an archeological dig's findings any

You are missing my point completely. The point was is he a leap frog jumping
from one thing to another or changing his 'opinions' in mid stride (which
appears to be the case) numerous times, etc.

If you want to compare libraries volume to volume, I would say that mine
contains more volumes dealing with the 'fringe' sciences than does most
peoples on this list. I am a staunch supporter of the theories put forth in
'America, BC,' for instance. I was a member of the Cayce Foundation for
years. I am horrified that the supposed academic community still refers to
medieval food as highly spiced and consisting of rotten meat when they should
know better by now.

If you can trust a person who goes from being an expert in one area to being
an expert in another opposing idea almost overnight then that's cool. I
don't. This scholar is not the definitive scholar in his field so
corroborating evidence seems to be in order, IMO, to support his ideas. I
don't doubt his archeological findings in the least what I find questionable
his seeming ability to interpret those findings according to whatever
criteria his current financial sources require.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol

- --part1_49.3804788.27435119_boundary