SC - Puck's retirement, OOP, OT

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Wed Nov 15 07:40:04 PST 2000

> If you can trust a person who goes from being an expert in one area to being
> an expert in another opposing idea almost overnight then that's cool. I
> don't. This scholar is not the definitive scholar in his field so
> corroborating evidence seems to be in order, IMO, to support his ideas. I
> don't doubt his archeological findings in the least what I find questionable
> his seeming ability to interpret those findings according to whatever
> criteria his current financial sources require.

Well, actually, as far as I can tell, he published the Cayce book in 1974.
He got his doctorate from Yale in 1991.
He did the research we are discussing in 1991 and 1997.
Twenty to thirty years, in my mind, is not almost overnight.

Whether or not he still has religious beliefs in the Cayce area, he has
demonstrated, both in print (with the discussions of the Sphinx at Giza)
and to various other archaelogists at Yale and the Oriental Institute at
the University of Chicago, and in fact to me, since I've read the articles
on the Giza excavations, that he now has the ability to look directly at
what evidence he has and evaluate that without bringing in the fringe
sciences.

The pyramid work, in particular (WGBH series "This old Pyramid" and the
articles in _Complete Pyramids_), actually blows apart a number of the
contentions of the fringe sciences.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker