SC - Fw: You are blessed.]] aka perspective

Serian serian at uswest.net
Sun Nov 19 15:54:43 PST 2000

A'adeema wrote a lot about her hurt feelings over the codswallop/codswhallop
thread.

Milady, I'd like to point out a few things. First, in our researches, the
spelling of a word may make great differences in its meaning in context,
particularly when we're trying to sort out out what is meant in a particular
recipe- look at the neres/meres thread, for example.

Second, no one remembered who had put up the alternate spelling- or for that
matter even cared- it was by no means directed at you- instead it was part
of a thread, attempting to determine the origins of a particularly
interesting word.

Third, if you want to feel lousy today, that's entirely up to you- it ain't
our fault. Some of us have reasons to feel lousy, a bit more serious than a
bad event followed by feeling picked on over a spelling disagreement.
Adamantius has a serious sinus infection, can't breathe or sleep very well.
Lainie is trying to raise kids, with no job. I'm down to my last $15 with no
job in sight. Others on this List have other problems. Many of us lost a
good friend when Mistress Fiona died this weekend. Today, a bunch of people
died or were seriously injured, somewhere around the globe- they and their
families have serious problems, and good reasons to be upset.

So, if you want to throw a temper tantrum over YOUR lousy attitude, fine, so
be it. But your attitude is your problem, not ours.

I suggest you get your head out of your attitude, look at the good things
you have- food, shelter, and a computer to try to ruin other folks'
attitudes with- and give thanks. Then, perhaps, if you're a big enough
person, you might apologize to the people on this List.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous