SC - Spanish Lobster recipes?

Prydwen gryphon at carlsbadnm.com
Sun Nov 19 22:21:56 PST 2000

OK maybe no lobsters in Atenveldt... but it gives me
some kinky ideas about a first-night party if milord
drags me kicking and screaming to Estrella.

yeah,the only way I'll be going to Estrella this year
is kicking and screaming too. Since I will have a 6-8
week old baby the last thing I want to do this year is
to drive all the way from San Angelo to Phoenix and
then camp for a week. Not. Hopefully next year.

white icicle radish (I'm blanking out on the
commonly-used Japanese
name for this last ingredient
Daikon?

My grandmother always added 6 extra ears and 6 eztra
noses
to the headcheese recipe. She always made headcheese
which in our area
is the
same as souse except it has no vinegar in it.

Omigosh!
headcheese, tramatic childhood memory flashback here.
My uncles always slaughtered their own pigs and cows,
and we visited once very shortly after they had gotten
to the point of making headcheese. No one warned me,
and I opened the fridge with this nasty looking pig's
skull with this awful looking goop where the brain
should be. I was about 5, and this memeory is one I'll
never forget. I remember asking why they had a pig
head in teh fridge and they said they were making head
cheese and it needed to "cure". I couldn't believe
they actually ate that stuff. Of course, I now know
people eat all kinds of stuff that I personally may
not find appealing. BUt differences are what make life
interesting. But I'll NEVER forget that pig looking up
at me out of the bottom of the fridge. Hehe.
Nite all,
nisha