SC - Kiri sugery/OT

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Nov 20 15:49:10 PST 2000

>Many modern sausages look like period sausages. Sweet and spicy Italian
>sausage, small and large breakfast sausages, pepperoni sticks, and a number
>of other hard salami type sausages immediately come to mind.  Intestines
>stuffed with things are the same shape no matter what the time period they
>were from.
>
>Ras

And are any of the above mentioned sausages at least a bit like
period sausages in terms of the filling?

The suggestions for making my own are well and good for another time,
but i know i will not have time to prepare a filling and find someone
to stuff intestines for me in the next several weeks as i will be out
of town for a week, have other things to make ahead of time for the
feast, and will also be sewing some new clothes to take to Morocco.

So again, i plead, any suggestions for sausages i can buy that will
be at least a little like a period sausage? I'm in California where
we have all sorts of imaginative sausages, but i think the Thai
lemongrass chicken sausages, delicious as they are, will not be
suitable...

Oink, oink,
Anahita al-shahiyya