SC - OOP pie crust question

Tue Nov 21 11:58:59 PST 2000

> > daughter said with all the authority of Julia child that I should add a
> > pinch of baking powder as it would make the crust more tender.  Has
>anyone
> > ever heard of that?
>
>Nope. But my mom sometimes adds a little cream of tartar for teh same
>reason. Is the goal a slight rise to the dough?
>
>'Lainie

I guess.  I was just surprised to hear her giving advice like that and it
NOT being something I'd told her in the first place.  I thought she was
mis-remembering advice for something like quickbread, but I didn't want to
correct her without a good reason (she is easily crushed that way).  Since
Bear has actually seen a pastry recipe with baking powder, she could have
too.  There's always piles of my own cookbooks and those from the public
library around here.  She must have noted a recipe that I didn't.

4 recipes of Pastry for the coming holiday are already made, but I said we'd
try this out at Christmas.

Bonne