SC - OP, OT - the religion of foods/food for thought?

margali margali at 99main.com
Fri Nov 24 06:39:06 PST 2000

- --part1_a6.c688d68.274f33bd_boundary

In a message dated 11/23/00 12:00:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
margali at 99main.com writes:

> I suppose you could put the ingredients in 1 bowl in their
> original grouping and still end up with the same results.
> margali

I see the separate blendings as the creations of 3 separate flavors. Those
now 3 distinctive flavors are then mixed together. There are many recipes
which call for the mixing together of various ingredients in separate
containers and then adding them together into a finished dish. Chemical and
flavor changes would all be significantly changed if they were all blended
together at once. My pumpkin pie recipe specifically calls for each
ingredient to be mixed in separately before the next one and in the exact
order they are given. If that is deviated from the resulting pie IS different
from the original.

You have failed to persuade me. I still maintain that although the resulting
dish would still be flavorful, it would be different from the original.
Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol

- --part1_a6.c688d68.274f33bd_boundary