SC - An example of what Most people think was eaten in Period

harper@idt.net harper at idt.net
Sat Nov 25 17:42:43 PST 2000

Hej! the List,
    I thought I would send this off for ya'll to comment on.  This is a note
my daughter sent about the Feast she is going to photograph for the paper.
It is an example of what people think was eaten in period.  The only
question I have is- are green beans period?  I just want to know if I should
tell her that none of the dishes are.  The Roast Beef is debatable since we
know that they roasted meat, but beef wasn't suggested as being healthy.
The wassail probably is depending on the recipie. but most every thing else
is from North America!  She should have a lot of laughs at this event.
Hej!
Olaf

"I read the preview story on the medieval dinner and it is a Music South
production
where they will be serving a 6 course meal   "traditional rost beef entree
and wassail
drink-a combination of wine, beer or cider, spices and sugar"
the menu will include " fresh fruit, salad, corn chowder, potatoes, beans
with almonds,
yourshire pudding and cheese"
thats all I know about the food
the Florida State University Choral Department's Madrigal Singers will
perform renaissance love songs, Elizabethan music and music from the court
of Henry VIII
and Christmas music
they will make the civic center look like a castle, have jesters, minstrels,
singers and royalty
they are supposed to have a royal court as well,
it is going to be on Dec. 5th and 6th"