SC - Poisonous Tomatoes?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun Nov 26 10:08:57 PST 2000

My grandma used to make her own headcheese, I think I'll try to get her
recipe.  The only thing I had against it was its ingredients.  Nothing like
opening the freezer door to see a pig's head or three staring back at you.
I don't care for the spicing of commercial headcheese, but Grandma's
homemade was really good.

Note to Ras: if Grandma had a tad of the mix left over after she filled
every bread pan in the house, she mixed cornmeal in the rest and made
scrapple, cornmeal mush with bits of the meat.  I liked it a lot better
than the plain headcheese.  Fried in a bit of bacon drippings and served up
with maple syrup...yum.  Leanna