SC - Re: snowing during a feast: extra silly

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Nov 27 07:21:50 PST 2000

I believe that the only thing remotely connected to green beans that was period
was the broad bean, which, I believe, was occasionally eated in the shell as are
green beans.  Other than that, I'm sure you're right.  Yorkshire pudding isn't
new world, but it is later than our period, though I'm not sure of a precise
time frame.  There are recipes for roast beef, but during certain periods, it
was not a preferred meat as the cow was usually kept for its milk until it was
quite old, therefore making the meat potentially tough and stringy.

Kiri