SC - Deep-fried Turkey? OOP

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Mon Nov 27 07:30:55 PST 2000

> tell her that none of the dishes are.  The Roast Beef is debatable since we
> know that they roasted meat, but beef wasn't suggested as being healthy.

No. The roast beef is NOT debatable. We do have documentation for roasted
beef being served in period. 'Roast Beef is not period' is an unfortunate
SCAdian myth outcome of a wellmeaning attempt to get people to think about
period food in terms of extant recipes.

Obviously, though, the roast beef is not from a documentably period
recipe.
- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker