SC - Deep-fried Turkey? OOP

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Nov 27 08:20:21 PST 2000

Balthazar:  we already agree as to the unwholesomeness of eating tomato leaves,
we are trying to determine whether people in the 16th Century really believed
that tomato fruit were poisonous, or if that is just another "urban myth" about
history.

So far, we have not found anything solid on paper.  The search continues.

I always attributed that belief to the standard operating procedure of the
English when it came to plants.  They boil and eat the leaves, right?  Only this
time, it's a really, really bad idea.  <urp>  The folks who had travelled to
Mexico, the Spanish and Italians had actually seen the fruit and waited until
the time was right. <yum>

Selene