SC - Re: New Articles at MKCC!

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Nov 27 11:32:29 PST 2000

Was written:

I happened to walk into the living room on Thursday while my father-in-law
>was watching the Macy's Parade on tv.  Much to my amusement, there was
Bobby
>Flay (I think it was him, anyway,) deep frying a turkey as a demo at the
parade
>site.
>
>So, my question is, WHY??  Why would someone want to deep-fry a whole
turkey?

My Lady Magdalena:

If you would like to check out www.cabelas.com you will find all the
equipment to do the deed.... outside.  As for why anyone would want to deep
fry a turkey in peanut oil.... well its got me puzzled as well.  Come to
think of it just how period is deep fat frying any way?  Well to explore
that would lead us into investigating the history of doughnuts and funnel
cakes I suppose.  But what about the deep fat frying of meat or more to the
point poultry.  I suppose that would then lead us to explore the history of
fondue in European culinary tradition  and Tempura in the orient!  Perhaps
the Colonel's original recipe with its secret herbs and spices has period
antecedents and was handed down to him via the Illuminati?  So, ....anyone
got sources to cite regards the above or input there to?

Daniel Raoul who ate far to much turkey, stuffing, pie, bread, cranberry
sauce etc. etc. and is starting to free associate and lose it entirely.
Indeed I had dreams last night of being trapped in a class room listening to
the Shrub brothers, Jeb and Junior, alternately expounding on economic
theory and giggling maniacally.  It's enough to make a man a vegetarian or
worse yet a Democrat.