SC - OOP Re: what we had for T-day

harper@idt.net harper at idt.net
Mon Nov 27 19:19:07 PST 2000

Oooh...winter SCA survival stories....<g>
Several years ago, when Artemisia was still a Principality, our January
Investiture was held in Arn Hold (mka, Boise, ID--about 9 [normal] hours
and a few mountain passes away from my town).  I went over with 3 other
friends, although we did (wisely) decide to take the interstate down
through Idaho Falls and then up to Boise, as the weather was pretty
horrible.  The "big" pass between us and IF is called "Monida," because
it straddles the Idaho/Montana border.  By the time we got to the top,
it was darkish, and we were having to use the snow markers to tell where
our lane was--the snow was several feet deep.  We went very slowly and
patiently, taking many more hours than normal to get to Boise.  Only
later did we find out we were almost literally the last ones to make it
through the pass...Highway Patrol closed it about 10 minutes after we
went through....
- --Maire
Obligatory Food Content: Went out for lunch the next day (in garb, of
course ;o) to this _wonderful little pub called the "Guernica."
Marvelous Basque food and great beer....