SC - Re: [Shire X] rabbit season/duck season/turkey season

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 28 09:46:30 PST 2000

Gwynydd wrote:

> In my searching for Christmas gift ideas, I came across this recipe for:
>
> chocolate coffee spoons:  double-chocolate dippers
>
> 2 cups (12 ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
> 1/2 cup Wilton-brand Light Cocoa Candy Melts
> 35 to 45 heavy-duty plastic spoons
> 2 teaspoons solid shortening (optional)
> 2 large cookie sheets or jelly roll pans
> waxed paper
> heat-proof glass measuring cups
>
> Instructions: <snip>
>
> Makes 35 to 45 chocolate coffee spoons.
>
> My query is what on earth are Wilton-brand Light Cocoa Candy Melts and what
> could I use as a substitute in Australia?
>
> Gwynydd

Those are candy bits made specifically for melting and molding.  It is not as
tasty as purer grades of chocolate, but they handle and melt extremely well.  It
comes in various colors and flavors.  Check your local candy-making supply store
for the local equivalent.  If you don't have that, try adding a very small
amount of paraffin to the melted chocolate chips, just a few shavings, to give
the finished product some body and resistance to sub-coffee temperatures.

This looks like a good year to be on Gwynydd's gift list.  Yum!

Selene