SC - Medlar Jelly source

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at home.com
Tue Nov 28 09:51:34 PST 2000

!Lainie, your forwarded story was a hoot!  It put me in mind of the largest
turkey I had ever cooked.  I was 31 pounds.  I had to put it in a paper
shopping bag to cook cuz it wouldn't fit in a regular size brown bag.  As
the table was being laid someone yells out "SMOKE!" and I turned to find
smoke coming out of the oven.  I opened the oven door to find the paper bag
on fire.  I grabbed the pan and in an attempt to simply pull it out of the
oven, I lost control and suddenly there was this flaming pan sliding out the
kitchen door and into the dining room.  Folks were leaping out of the way
and everyone burst into hysterical laugher when the dog jumped on it and put
out the flames.  In spite of this, the turkey turned out just fine.

Olwen