SC - Poisonous Tomatoes?y

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Nov 28 11:35:45 PST 2000

- --part1_62.970e6c6.2755ba51_boundary

In a message dated 11/28/00 12:49:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tinyzoo at home.com writes:

> I never did get to order a tree or any jam.  I'm still working on my
> re-landscaping project though.  I just got in my two fig trees, and have to
> get them planted now.

I would recommend trying a Medlar tree (actually 2 for better pollination).
They are hardier than quinces and suffer less frost damage. They also bloom a
month later than apples.

To blette them simply store them in damp bran or sawdust until they are brown
and almost liquid inside and have a slight alcoholic taste. Suck the interior
out to eat.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol

- --part1_62.970e6c6.2755ba51_boundary