SC - Poisonous Tomatoes?y

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 29 06:38:45 PST 2000

- --------------A8A6E4E1FC29A0D6F835A42C

I look forward to seeing your article.  Where do you plan to publish
it?  In the meantime, the next time I'm doing a feast, I may try to find
the Chinese Long Beans to use.  Thanks!

Kiri

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/28/00 9:28:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> ekoogler at chesapeake.net writes:
>

>> And was it used in European cuisine?  I've never seen any reference
>> to it,
>> but then I'm no expert and certainly have not studied every single
>> book
>> that's out there.  Anyone know of such a thing?
>
> There is a realistic illumination dating from a 14th century
> manuscript that
> clearly shows the yard long bean illustrated. Unfortunately the
> accompanying
> text has nothing to do with herbs at all. A photograph of a stem,
> leaf, bean
> segment of a yard long bean plant from my garden laid beside the
> illumination
> exactly matches it in EVERY detail. Similar photos of other bean
> species
> don't come close. I am preparing an article on this as well as other
> plants
> that I think can be identified clearly in manuscript illuminations and
> it
> should be out in some form or the other by next fall. The main
> hindrance is
> growing and photographing the plants. Some years some things succeed
> in the
> garden and other years they don't. :-)
>
> Ras
> The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn
> Gabirol

- --------------A8A6E4E1FC29A0D6F835A42C

I look forward to seeing your article.  Where do you plan to publish
it?  In the meantime, the next time I'm doing a feast, I may try to
find the Chinese Long Beans to use.  Thanks!
dated 11/28/00 9:28:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,</font></font>
writes:</font></font>
was it used in European cuisine?  I've never seen any reference to
it,</font></font>
certainly have not studied every single book</font></font>

dating from a 14th century manuscript that</font></font>
bean illustrated. Unfortunately the accompanying</font></font>
herbs at all. A photograph of a stem, leaf, bean</font></font>
plant from my garden laid beside the illumination</font></font>
detail. Similar photos of other bean species</font></font>
an article on this as well as other plants</font></font>
clearly in manuscript illuminations and it</font></font>
or the other by next fall. The main hindrance is</font></font>
the plants. Some years some things succeed in the</font></font>
don't. :-)</font></font>

- --------------A8A6E4E1FC29A0D6F835A42C--