SC - Kitchen Authorization...humor?

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 29 08:43:30 PST 2000

In a message dated 11/29/00 11:19:30 AM, selene at earthlink.net writes:

<<  Perhaps we should make working in the kitchen an
authorization
process. ("I'm authorized in dishwasher, cutting vegetables, and
roasting
meat. I'm working on Soups at Cooking Practice")

I don't know about you, but I think regulating kitchen help will pretty much
drive away our volunteers. I don't mind training them, but I would balk at a
"Formal" written up authorization.

I'd hate the paperwork. I'd hate the process. I'd hate the interference.
Besides, you would draw up the rules? The Bod???

Err...no.

(There used to be a lovely site near the Hudson River and Westpoint
overlooking the Bear Mountain Bridge. It was common sense that one did not
lean to far over, or one would topple down the mountain.... Someone didn't
have that common sense, he fell. Enter the regulatory commitee from NY and
now it is not only ILLEGAL to look out there, but the HUGE fence they built
on the mountain no longer allows for that view....)

Give someone the power to regulate something that is working but requires
common sense, and the end result is that it won't work, and we lose a chance
to teach someone what common sense really is!

Don't authorize them. Teach them!!

Andrea M.