SC - Lea and perrins and coconut shrimp...

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 09:19:12 PST 2000

Hehehehe Look what I found....

 1. Scald the flamingo with the feathers still on.
 2. Wash it and remove the feathers and other
    parts not meant for eating.
 3. Stuff it with greens, celery leaves, etc., and tie it
    to keep its shape. Coat it in lard.
 4. Boil the bird in a pot of water with salt, dill, and
    a little vinegar.
 5. Put the half-cooked bird in a sauce pan and
    brown in oil. Add a bunch of leeks and coriander. Add
    a little broth. Cover and continue cooking.
 6. To add color, pour in some grape juice
    thickened by heating.
 7. Crush some spices—pepper, cumin, coriander,
    laser root, mint, and rue. Moisten them with vinegar.
 8. Add dates and some of the juice from the
    sauce pan. Stir this back into the sauce and simmer.
 9. Add flour and cook till thickened. Strain and
    pour the sauce over the bird.
The recipe works just as well for parrot.

That camefrom this website...

http://jamessolheim.com/recipes.html

Thanks for the help folks I think we have proven that Flamingos are
period
and were in Italy.
Thanks
Nicholas