SC - I am not sure where else to try so...

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 10:36:03 PST 2000

OK.  I got this one first and fell out for the second round of laughter:

>Alright, I will bite.  I have heard of Toad in the Hole, but what is a
>Spotted Dick?
>Kirsten

Then I scrolled down to this one for the THIRD round of hysterical
laughter!!  My co-workers keep roaming by my office door DYING to find out
why I have been cracking up all morning!

> > names folks come up with for
> > folks what it is.  Please?
>
>Boy...I just can't wait until she hears about "Spotted
>Dick" and "Toad in the Hole"...
>
>Bal

I do know about one version of toad in the hole but understand there are
several.  The one I know has you pull out the center hole in a piece of
bread, put it in a skillet with lots of butter on low, break and egg into
the hole, fry it up a while, flip it over, fry for another while, remove and
serve.

Now.  What is Spotted Dick??

Olwen, who can barely wait to laugh some more...