Bubble and Squeak (OOP) Was Re: SC - Boxing Day Recipes?

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 13:29:09 PST 2000

>BTW, Tabasco sauce got trademarked by the McIlhenny family, so when you
>speak of tabasco, I gather you are referring to McIlhenny's Tabasco Sauce.
>The generic form for thin pepper sauce from tabasco peppers is Louisiana
>hot
>sauce.

Though there is no point buying any but Tabasco of that particular style.

We went through a cycle of trying and enjoying every brand and kind of hot
sauce.  At one point we had 3 dozen hot sauces and pastes from around the
world,though only varied from Tabasco because our usual grocery only carried
an NC made brand and we thought it would be OK--'Texas Pete'.  (Yawn, it
wasn't.) Most of the U.S. made sauces are merely excercises in hotness with
no other flavor--and too hot to be of real use as they burn up any other
flavor.  We now stock only Tabasco, chili peppers in vinegar (homemade),
Sambal Olek, a chili oil and something with an extra pasted on english label
that just says 'chili paste with black bean'.   And fresh chilis.

Bonne (The 12 different vinegars  and 3 soy sauces are all justifiable
though. )