SC - Re: HP type Sauce REC (was Lea & Perrins etc.)

Elysant1@aol.com Elysant1 at aol.com
Thu Nov 30 16:57:10 PST 2000

> > My version multiplied by 40, intended to make about 40 cups/10 quarts/2.5 gal.
> Ummm... are you really planning to make 1/2 cup per person?  It's
> strongly-flavored stuff, and a little goes a long way.  I wouldn't serve
> more than 1/4 cup per person.

I would plan to serve one cup per table, rather than one cup per person,
if you are serving it on the side. Otherwise, figure out how much sauce
you need to cover a one-table-size serving.

Learn from my mistake: don't multiply the sauce by the number of diners!

- -- Jadwiga, who still has a freezer full of assorted sauces from only
doubling and tripling recipes!

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker