SC - Barley malt syrup?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Nov 1 04:14:38 PST 2000

SCAbeathog at cs.com wrote:

> Ah, yes, I did realize the connection to beer.  But using it as your husband
> does sounds interesting.  I, too, would love the recipe.  This may be the
> year for a change from OUR  traditional day-after-Thanksgiving turkey
> tostados!

I thought it was some kind of law that you had to make either tetrazzini
(hokey but yum!) or croquettes (boo!). Perhaps my association with
croquettes and childhood torture have more to do with my mom's skill (or
alleged lack thereof) with making them. They generally seemed to
resemble commercial fish cakes made from turkey.

Where were we? Oh. Turkey. Yeah. Malt syrup.

Malt syrup is a _very_ common ingredient in the glaze for Peking Duck.

Adamantius, having finally gotten to the point...
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com