SC - French knife

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Wed Nov 1 18:53:59 PST 2000

Greetings Balthazar,
I cleaned up my knife. I measured it and it is an 11" chef's knife, high
carbon. I say this because after reading your discription of a high carbon
knife, my knife fits that discription exactly.  The blade is thinner than my
Westhoffs and it can wiggle (a bit) if I force it to. There are dark spots
that I could not get out of the blade but I scrubbed it with steel wool and
Bon Ami cleanser and then washed it with mild soap and then dried it.  I
sharpened it up and it now works a treat!
Thanks for your explanation.
Phillipa