SC - Question on tea

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Wed Nov 1 22:17:28 PST 2000

Serian said:
> infusion might be the word.  I've asked a couple of folks
> not on the list if they can be of help.

According to earlier discussions here, I think "infusion" is the word
you want. Unfortunately, I don't have much in the Florilegium on these,
but maybe this will help. In the BEVERAGES section:
infusions-msg      (8K)  1/20/00    Period infusions. Herbal "teas".
Barley tea.

There is this file on tea, but tea is a post-1600 item for Europe.
tea-msg            (7K)  9/15/98    Tea, cha. When it appeared in Europe.

The p-medicine-msg, beverages-NA-msg files might also be of use, but
they are not specific to England or Scotland. Some of the period
herbals mentioned or quoted in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section
might also be worth a look.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net