SC - Crown Touney/Queen's Tea

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 6 09:13:59 PST 2000

Just wanted to post a little about the Touney.  I got to meet several folks
from this list and another that I'm on.  It was so nice to put faces with
names.  It was my pleasure to meet you all.

As mentioned before, our Cook's Guild did the goodies for the Queen's Tea.
I can say for certain that we WOW'd em.  There was three tables filled with
food stuffs and another for drink stuffs.  It was a treat to have so many
questions to answer and so many astonished responses to our faux foods and
unusal treats.  Two OOP turkeys were cooked, one sliced and the other rested
whole on a bed of chicken aspic cubes.  We had poached salmon and pickeled
salmon, vinegared cucumbers, several homemade breads (the Mexican Chocolate
too-what a hit) herbed and honeyed butters, homemade cheeses, pumkin
perogies (thanks) home dried fruits and comfit peels, Ember Day Tart,
vegetarian kish, pies, tarts, and so many other things I cann't remember.
The peach pits were served on a small plate with some faux cinnomon sticks
and of course the Fruit of the Chicken.

When we were done with the Tea, we went back to our Baronial Pavillion and
brought out all the delights we made for there.  We also had any leftovers
from the Tea.

Much to the surprize and delight of our "lame duck" Baron, I came up with
the idea of creating same.  I cooked a duck standing upright and between
myself and Morningstar, a sweet potato head was carved, twig crutches were
formed and a Baronial tabard was made.  Hans brought a duck call and started
quacking getting the Baron's attention.  He was delighted!!  Such a proud
Baron.  He took that duck to each pavillion around the list field along with
an invitation to come over and partake of the feast to be found waiting
under his Pavillion.  He even took the duck to sit proudly on his lap in
Court!  As court was over and the event feast was beginning, the Baron asked
Morningstar to create a Kingdom tabard for the duck and enjoyned us to
follow him into the feast hall where he passed to "lame duck" along to the
King!  What fun.

Olwen