SC - Crown Touney/Queen's Tea

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Nov 7 08:21:32 PST 2000

At 2:56 PM +0000 11/7/00, Olwen the Odd wrote:
>>Olwen commented:
>>>  The peach pits were served on a small plate with some faux cinnomon sticks
>>>  and of course the Fruit of the Chicken.
>>
>>Did you make the faux cinnamon sticks? If not, do you know how they were
>>made? Were these faux 'true' cinnamon or faux 'cassia' cinnamon? :-)
>>They do look different.
>
>No Stefan, I didn't make them, Lady Cordelia did.  They were made
>from sugar plate and rolled and sprinkled all over with cinnamon.
>Yes, I believe it was true cinnamon.  I cann't believe she would use
>other as we both generally grind our own (I do all the time, it's
>all I have).  If anyone wants to know her method, I'm sure I can get
>it.

I think the question was not about the ingredients but the shape of
the product. Cassia sticks look different from true cinnamon sticks.

That was why the question was not "were these true cinnamon or cassia
cinnamon faux cinnamon sticks" but "Were these faux 'true' cinnamon
or faux 'cassia' cinnamon?"

It's always a pleasure to see language used precisely.
- --
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/