SC - non-member submission - re - must

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Nov 7 15:17:15 PST 2000

- --part1_39.c6a09a0.2739e77b_boundary

In a message dated 11/7/00 5:28:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jenne at mail.browser.net writes:

> Except that when I have leavened bread with beer barm, it doesn't taste
> all that much of the beer. So adding the brew for flavor may or may not
> be accurate.

I tend to agree with you on this one. Since yeasts used in bread making are
for the most part strains developed from ale yeasts I don't see flavor as the
issue. At least some, if not all, commercial bakeries during the middle ages
were attached to ale breweries.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol

- --part1_39.c6a09a0.2739e77b_boundary