SC - Manual de Mujeres 1, 2, 3]

Serian serian at uswest.net
Thu Nov 9 20:48:38 PST 2000

Greetings the list,
Lady Brighid wrote:
(snip)
http://www.rae.es/NIVEL1/buscon/AUTORIDAD2.HTM
It is an online, searchable version of the 1726 and the 1992
editions of the dictionary of the Royal Spanish Academy.  A
wonderful,
> > ESSENTIAL reference for translating historic Spanish documents.
> > It gives three different definitions of "pebete".

Yes it's useful but hard to read for me because the font and
my speech program don't mix and I can't see it very well,
especially the older one.  I also found with the trees that
they'd define the word I don't know with 23 others that had
no translation in a Spanish-English online dictionary, which
was difficult too.

(snip) Although "cuarto" can mean quart, it also means a
quarter part of something.  I think that here it means a
quarter ounce, and that
> > "medio cuarto" would be 1/8.

I was wondering but couldn't decide so I took the risk
anyway.  Thanks.  probably should have followed my first
thought on it.  Thanks for your assistance!!!

Serian