SC - Manual de Mujeres 1, 2, 3]

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Thu Nov 9 21:22:56 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 9 Nov 00, , that Serian wrote:

[regarding the RAE dictionary]
> Yes it's useful but hard to read for me because the font and
> my speech program don't mix and I can't see it very well,
> especially the older one.

Ah, I didn't realize that was an issue.  Then let me tell you that the
1726 RAE gives 3 definitions for "pebete".  Here are quick
paraphrases:
1. An aromatic composition, made of scented powders, which
burns and gives off fragrant smoke.  Made in the shape of a stick.
2. Any bad-smelling thing (used in a way deliberately contrary to
the usual meaning)
3. A fuse for explosives.

At a guess, what you have here is a recipe for incense sticks.

> Thanks for your assistance!!!

Thank you for undertaking this.  It's an interesting book, and I know
a lot of people will be glad to see more of it in English.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net