SC - Trenchers Oh my!

Fri Nov 10 04:58:26 PST 2000

Ah, but trying to eat the trencher would be educational, nicht wahr?
Actually, I would post the information about trenchers with my ingredient
list, letting everyone know they were meant to be used as plates and not
eaten.  This does nothing to protect those worthies who don't read the
warnings.

As for those who come hunting you afterwards, expressing shock and dismay
that they would steal food from the poor while sharpening one's cleaver
seems apropos.

I've started looking at the logistics of period feasts and I'm finding them
very complex and ordered for portion control and reducing wastage.  I'm
considering trying to present the fare and control the hall in a period
manner sometime in the future, but when I do so, I will need to provide an
informational sheet about what is occurring.  The actual dynamics of the
service are different enough from the standard SCA feast that the populace
will need to be educated as to what is occurring and what is expected of
them.  Such is likely the case with your trenchers.

Bear

	Since there is a tacit requirement when doing a feast to present
both