SC - [Fwd: Postings]

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Fri Nov 10 09:27:47 PST 2000

> Perhaps it would even be better if you told the person EXACTLY how to fix it
> through their server if it is a problem since most modern updated e-mail
> programs don't seem to be bothered by receiving it and those with the updated
> programs may have no recourse unless the specific fix is included. Most posts
> I have seen on the subject are so general in information content as to be
> totally useless other than as a whine.

Ok, if you are using Netscape Messenger, you need to go into Preferences,
choose Mail and Newsgroups, and then Formatting. Select 'Use the plain
text editor to compose messages' and 'Ask me what to do if the message has
HTML formatting, otherwise send plain text'.
(I don't have Eudora or Outlook - ugh!- so I can post directions for
them.) Searching under 'plain text' in your help function for your mail
would probably do it. Ras, I don't know what email program you are using
but it's doing the plain text & html-- look for a setting that says 'send
in plain text and HTML' and turn it off.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker